Current projects of the chair are listed here. Most of the projects are run in German. For more information please follow the links to the German pages or contact the researchers directly.
- Forest and health - The therapeutic contribution from forests to rehabilitation clinics in Bavaria
Biotope and species protection in mountainious forests with a high protection function against natural hazards
- Myth of the Forest
Claims to the forest and to the use of forests by the example of the monastery forest Ettal 1700-2014
- European forest policies and forestry
Development of communication and extension guidelines for private and communal forests
- REDIAFOR: Multifunctional forest in the Alps: reinforcing dialogue
Projects conducted at the chair in 2011-2012. For projects before 2011 please consult our German pages.
- The therapeutic contribution of forests to rehabilitation clinics in Bavaria
Analysis of the role that forests play for the health of the population and the health system in Bavaria in 2018 and how its health usage could develop in the future. Exploration of existing cooperations between rehabilitation clinics (health sector) and forest owners in Bavaria. More detailed description of the therapeutic contribution of forests to rehabilitation clinics
- FZus 2020 - Development and State of forest associations in Bavaria with special regards to consultation by the B avarian Federal Forest Administration
- Analysis of Forest Relevant Discourses and Development of Communication Recommendations
- Recovery of Wolf and Lynx in the Alpine Regions. A study of the transformations of the farm and hunting systems caused by the return of the large predators
- Natural Hazards in the Alps in the Times of the Climate Change. A study of the responses of the natural hazard management systems to the climate change challenges (an application of a path dependence theory)
Opportunities for Sustainable Forest Management in Small Fragmented Forest Areas. Public and private initiatives and programs for cross-company measures in smallest fragmented private forests in areas with weak infrastructure
Communication with People Inheriting Forest Land and Successors to Forest Owners. Development of guidelines for heirs
ARBORCHANGE. Development and assessment of IT instruments for measures for improving infrastructure in forest area with fragmented ownership structures in Bavaria
Participation as a Communication Strategy in the Forest Administration and Management. Development and testing of a professional training program for the employees of the local state offices for food, agriculture and forests in Bavaria.
- INTERREG IV-A Project: Protection Forests Platforms and Forums in Tyrol and Bavaria. Application and evaluation of participation processes in mountain and protective forest management
- Forest Extension Assistance. Pilot study for the development of the forest extension guidelines for the local state forest service units
Flood Risk Management Plans for the Implementation of the EU Flood Risk Management Directive. Development, implementation and assessment of the participatory planning process
Assistance to the Mountain Forest Offensive. Implementation and assessment of the participatory process in the course of the mountain forest protection initiative of the Bavarian state forest service.