You are very welcome to write your bachelor thesis with us. We always have a collection of open topics available but also encourage students to propose own topics, as long as these relate to our research interests. Please see the details below if you want to apply.
We are looking for students who have a particular interest in Operations & Supply Chain Management (OSCM) and participated in several lectures and seminars within this field. You should possess fundamental mathematical and technical knowledge as well as the modeling and programming skills required to tackle advanced topics in OSCM.
If you are interested in doing your Bachelor’s Thesis with us, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- Curriculum Vitae (incl. finished projects, programming skills/references)
- Transcript of records (Bachelor)
- Topic description / Motivation letter (1-2 pages)
- Own topic: write a short topic description including a motivation, a description of the research gap, and a possible solution approach.
- General interest: write a motivation letter that outlines your interests and a favored research field.
- List of relevant courses attended
- Preferred time frame (earliest possible start 4 weeks after application)
Guidelines for how to write a thesis are part of our LaTeX template. We would advise you to use LaTeX for your writings for which we can provide the most support.
We ask you to meet with your supervisor on a regular basis to provide updates on your progress and ensure you receive valuable feedback. Your thesis will be graded according to the following criteria:
- Overall structure of your work
- Motivation of the research question and discussion of the current literature
- Selection and application of scientific methods
- Discussion of your results and conclusions
- Code quality and documentation
Registration at TUM School of Management:
Once you finalized the topic with your supervisor, you will have to officially register at the TUM School of Management as follows:
- Fill in the registration form
- Send it to your supervisor for approval
In case of approval, print and sign the form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org