How to Be an Ethically-Oriented Leader in Academia
"Your actions define your character, your words define your wisdom, but your treatment of others defines REAL you."
This workshop aims at developing your leadership skills. The main purpose of this session is to create an awareness for the ethical dimension of leadership, moral aspects influencing your leadership behaviour, and your own values. We will cover the following topics:
- Ethically-Oriented Leadership: Key Concepts and Theories
- Self-Reflection: My Personal Values
- Group-Reflection: Our Role as Ethically-Oriented Academic Leaders
- You learn about the principles of ethically-oriented leadership in academia.
- You develop your understanding and awareness of the factors influencing your ethical decision-making and ethical behavior.
- You get to know concrete techniques to become more effective as an ethically-oriented academic leader.
- You discuss with your peer group the challenges and opportunities with regard to ethically-oriented leadership.
Based on state-of-the-art knowledge of ethically-oriented leadership, we will facilitate participants’ individual development. We will discuss specific challenges you are facing and identify potentials for further improvement of your ethically-oriented leadership style.
This course is designed for professors of all levels of experience. It is also part of the TUM Tenure Track Academy for our newly appointed Tenure Track professors. Please register by using the online registration form.