Introduction to Academic Leadership
"Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other."
John F. Kennedy
This workshop is designed to facilitate the development of your leadership and managerial skills. We will cover the following topics:
- Academic Leadership: Key Concepts and Theories
- Self-Reflection: My Role as Academic Leader
- Evidence-based Leadership Tools: Transactional and Transformational Leadership
- You learn about the principles of effective academic leadership.
- You get to know concrete tools and techniques to become more effective as an academic leader.
- You discuss with your peer group the challenges and opportunities with regard to leadership.
Based on state-of-the-art knowledge of (academic) leadership, we will facilitate participants’ individual development. Participants will work on their personal development plan during the training. We will discuss specific challenges you are facing and identify potentials for further improvement of your leadership style.
This course is designed for professors of all levels of experience. It is also part of the TUM Tenure Track Academy for our newly appointed Tenure Track professors. Please register by using the online registration form.