Guidelines and evaluation criteria
Guidelines and evaluation criteria at the Chair for Strategy and Organization (CSO) are the same as defined within the research group Marketing, Strategy & Leadership (MSL). Here you find the evaluation criteria for the project report.
To write a final thesis at the LSO means to deal intensively and profoundly with a current scientific question. A final thesis at the CSO generally includes the detailed analysis of the current state of research and an empirical examination of the topic. It should be written in English and edited according to the APA guidelines.
Here, you find the guidelines for scientific writing: [English]
Here, you find some general tips and tricks for writing your thesis.
a) Application for a topic offered by the LSO.
Please send your complete application including a short description of your motivation to apply for the topic, your CV, and your current transcript of record to the respective contact person.
b) Application with an own topic.
Please send your complete application plus an exposé about your topic via mail to Ilse.email@example.com.
Further information on writing an exposé you find here: [German] [English]. Please note that your proposed topic should be in line with one of the research topics of the CSO. Inform yourself and integrate a clear argument on why your topic fits with the CSO in your exposé.
Registration at the examination board
After acceptance of your final thesis at the LSO, it can be registered at the examination board (Prüfungsausschuss). Please follow the following steps:
- Fill in the respective registration form (click here)
- Send the registration form for final approval to your supervisor at the CSO.
- Hand in the signed registration form to the office management of the CSO.
- After the successful registration you receive a registration mail by the TUM School of Management (this process may take up to 4 weeks).
Bachelor & Master Colloquium
This colloquium accompanies the supervision of final theses at the Chair for Strategy and Organization and is mandatory for completing a thesis at the Chair. To complete your final thesis at the Chair for Strategy and Organization, you are required to attend a total of three sessions. In one of these three sessions, you have to present the current state of your thesis.
Within the colloquium, you are provided the opportunity to present and discuss the current state of the thesis and to obtain an introduction to management research. As such, you are encouraged to present an unfinished working version of your thesis to receive feedback from your peers. In addition, you gain insights into current management research methods.
Registration: Please register for the colloquium via TUM online.
- Summer Semester 2020: https://campus.tum.de/tumonline/wbLv.wbShowLVDetail?pStpSpNr=950488761
Choosing your sessions: Beside the registration for the colloquium via TUM online (see above) please choose your three sessions in Moodle.
- Summer Semester 2020: https://www.moodle.tum.de/course/view.php?id=55512
Successfully completed your thesis?
If you wrote an excellent thesis, please consider to publish your thesis in Junior Management Science in consultation with your supervisor. You can find more information on https://jums.academy/ or here [German] [English]
Please also consider the following resources that reward prices for excellent theses:
- GfHf-Nachwuchspreis (Gesellschaft für Hochschulforschung)
- Preise der GI (Gesellschaft für Informatik), z.B. der Fachgruppe Bildungstechnologien
- Nachwuchspreis GP (Gesellschaft für Prozessmanagement)
- Diploma Thesis Award der SERES Unit (Area: Enterprise Systems)
- Stiftung Industrieforschung (Scholarship for theses)
- Schmalenbach Gesellschaft
- Global Student Innovation Challenge by PDMA
- MLP Nachwuchspreis VHB (Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft)
Additional TUM Information on prices and awards